This Policy applies to visitors and users (individually, “you“) of YellowTin’s websites, applications, and other online services (each, a “Website” and collectively, our “Websites”). YellowTin, Inc. (collectively “YellowTin” or “we”, “us”, or “our”) are strongly committed to letting you know how we may collect information and data from you or that you may provide when you visit any website with the domain with “yellowtin.com” (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy is applicable to data and information we collect:
• On this Website, including any other website operated by and linked to this policy (including the versions optimized for viewing on wireless or tablet devices).
• In email, texts, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Through all email newsletters published or distributed by us.
• By us offline when you interact or otherwise do business with us such as when you provide your information on applications or other forms provided by you or on your behalf.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Websites operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries which have their own privacy policies); or
• Any third party (such as installers at which you may make a request for quote including our partners, affiliates and subsidiaries including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website. We do not take any responsibility for how such third parties may use any information they collect. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
What Information Does YellowTin Collect and Store?
We collect two types of information – personal and non-personal from you in conjunction with your use of the Website and our products and services. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and can include, among other things, your name, telephone number, e-mail address, screen name, postal address, account settings; passwords and other contact information that you provide. In addition, we may now or in the future collect information about your transactions with us, or with our installers or affiliates or others, including information such as your utility account number, smart meter data, electric and gas energy usage, utility billing information, electric service (including, without limitation, service account number, service agreement, service start date, electricity demand (in kilowatts), natural gas demand (in therms), monthly billed revenue, billing dates, billing history, rate schedule(s), meter read dates, interval usage or interval time-of-use indicators, or number or type of meters at a location, energy choices (electric vehicle, air conditioning, swimming pool, spa, heat pump, battery storage), type and age of your home’s roof, YellowTin personalized insights and recommendations and any special requests or comments that you choose to submit (if any). Personal information is also information that you may supply to us such as when you write to us via the Website, complete a form or survey, or provide your e-mail address. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your energy choices purchasing or financing plans or requirements, location, demographics, use of the Website and the Internet.
Personal Information – How It Is Collected
You do not need to register or set up an account to view the Website and you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
• When you submit information to process your interest in clean energy such as solar or other transactions that you have requested.
• When you call us or complete an application.
• Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text, instant message, phone, or chat from us.
• Requesting customer service or other assistance for our products that you are interested in or have purchased (including as provided by affiliates and unaffiliated third parties such as installers and energy providers).
• Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Website as may be permitted.
• Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
In addition, we may receive certain categories of Personal Information from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “third-party platform”), and other third parties. We may combine this information with information we collect on our Website.
In addition, when you interact with the Website we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Website (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we may collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
• Non-identifiable demographic data such as city, five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information.
• Information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or another device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
• Analytics and usage information about your use of the Website.
• Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
• Other information regarding your use of the Website.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We will collect and store location information about you on the Website and associated with your account, if any, that you volunteer on the Website or enable through the Website. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Website.
Collection of Personal Information from or through Social Media Sites or Using Your Social Media Logon
When you interact with any YellowTin page or our account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle”. However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information from Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources (including by us from our offline interactions with you) to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Website. Additionally, we may also obtain information such as credit reports (with your consent), energy usage, and any associated data relating to your energy needs including home data from other sources. The information we obtain about you may come from other your utility company, property data collection services, or other providers of information.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information Through Surveys and Promotions
Collection of Third Party Personal Information Through Tell-A-Friend Feature
We may from time to time conduct a referral service to introduce people you know to us. If you choose to use our referral service to tell someone about our Website, we will ask you for your contact’s name and email address. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our Website. We store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your contact may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
• You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Website may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org .
• We may use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple websites.
Is Personal Information Collected from Children?
We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not provide personally identifiable information to us without providing us with consent from your parents or legal guardians. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information and we do not have parental consent, we will immediately delete that child’s information from the Website. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. We may, as permitted by law, use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
• Process your energy choice research such as solar system, inquiry, purchase or other transaction that you have requested.
• Process your Personal Information or Information for the purpose of comparing energy providers.
• Provide support, service and assistance for energy products that you are interested in purchasing or have purchased (including as provided by affiliates and unaffiliated third parties).
• Communicate with you about your transactions with us (including product related announcements), and send you information about features and enhancements on our Website.
• Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
• Personalize content and experiences on our Website including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
• Disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and other details regarding the use of our Website.
• Optimize or improve our products, services, Website and operations.
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our products, services, and Website.
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
• Personalize content on our Website including providing you with access to information about other reports, recommendations and feedback based on your feedback, if any.
• Optimize or improve our products, services, Website and operations.
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our products, services, and Website and patterns.
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Website on other portions of Website in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by YellowTin, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
To Whom Do We Provide Your Information?
Business Partners and Third Parties
Installers and Their Affiliates
When you make a quotation request through our Websites, such as a solar quote, we automatically provide certain categories of your information to the installer in order to facilitate your request. For requests to install, this information may include your name, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, utility account number, smart meter data, electric and gas energy usage and, utility billing information, electric service (including, without limitation, service account number, service agreement, service start date, electricity demand (in kilowatts), natural gas demand (in therms), monthly billed revenue, billing dates, billing history, rate schedule(s), meter read dates, interval usage or interval time-of-use indicators, or number or type of meters at a location, energy choices (electric vehicle, air conditioning, swimming pool, spa, heat pump, battery storage), type and age of your home’s roof, system size, your energy and installation preferences, YellowTin personalized insights and recommendations and any special requests or comments that you choose to submit (if any). Your information is provided to the installer, just as it would if you contacted the installer directly. If you provide a mobile phone number in connection with your quotation request, installers may send you text messages regarding your quotation request. Some installers also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your order.
When you make a quotation request, we may also share with the installer additional information about you, such as information that we collect from third parties. Depending on where you reside, and as permitted by applicable law, we or the installer may additionally share certain of your information with such installer’s affiliated installers (such as affiliated brands), installer group and/or installers with the same brand or parent-brand (collectively, such installer’s “ installer group”), or other entities associated with such installer (such as the parent entity of the installer group) and/or their service providers (collectively, the associated entities and service providers, such installer’s ” installer affiliates“) under YellowTin’s programs. Specifically, we or the installer may share your information (such as installation preference, panel preferences) with other installers in the same installer group to enhance the service such installer group provides you when you engage with them (such as, remembering your preferences for a future install to increase your system size) (“ customized service”) and to improve the installer’s sales support. In addition to providing you with more customized service, we or the installer may, as permitted by applicable law, share your information with such installer’s installer affiliates to support operations, such as to perform analytics, tailor marketing to you, and improve their services. The YellowTin entity identified here would be the services provider/data processor of the installers under these YellowTin programs. For more information, please feel free to contact the installers you request a quote, or YellowTin as detailed in the Contact Us section below.
If you provide comments about an installer through our Websites, these comments may be shared with or may be accessible by that installer. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but an installer may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
Our Websites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Websites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which YellowTin has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. YellowTin also does not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly to learn about their privacy practices.
We may or in the future have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information for the improvement of services offered by our Websites in our discretion.They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to us.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if permitted or required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our other users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
YellowTin E-mail Communications
E-mail communications sent from us are designed to make your Website experience more efficient. By participating in the Website you specifically agree to accept and consent to receiving e-mail communications initiated from us, which include, without limitation: message notification e-mails, text message, or mobile push notification to for example: send you information relating to our products and services, and e-mails informing you about new and existing products we provide.
What Steps Are Taken to Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer, device or tablet to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, YellowTin, our affiliates, or our service providers may retain information (including your profile information) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, analysis, marketing, optimization, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com .
What Happens When I Link to or from Another Website?
Changes to This Policy
How Do I Opt-Out of Communications or Correct Information About Me?
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included on a particular communication or by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that you may not elect to stop receipt of communications pertaining to the processing or servicing of your account and you may receive communications on the same unless you cancel that product in accordance with that particular product’s terms and conditions and you will have no further transactions with us. If you request that we correct information about you, we will notify you within thirty (30) business days of receiving your written request. We will then provide the amended information to any person you designate, who may have received the information within the past two years as well as any entity that supplied us with the information or to whom we disclosed it.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides that users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com . This Website will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes if we are conducting such activity.
How to Contact Us:
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org