5 Points to Consider while Choosing Induction Cooktop
If you’re in the market for a new stove or cooktop, you might be considering an induction cooktop as an upgrade from a traditional gas or electric resistance model. An induction cooktop differs from resistance models in that it uses electromagnetic technology to heat cookware directly, rather than relying on a heating element to generate heat. It’s considered by many to be superior to gas because of the elimination of hazardous substances in the home. This method of cooking offers several benefits, including speed, energy efficiency, safety, precision, and easy cleaning.
When shopping for an induction cooktop, here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Size: Make sure the cooktop you choose will fit in the space you have available.
- Number of burners: Consider how many burners you need for your cooking style.
- Power levels: Look for a cooktop with a wide range of power levels, so you can cook everything from delicate sauces to seared steaks.
- Safety features: Look for a cooktop with safety features like overheat protection and child locks.
- Brand reputation: Consider purchasing from a reputable brand with a good warranty and customer support.
An induction cooktop can be a great investment for anyone looking to upgrade their cooking experience. However, before making a purchase, there’s an important consideration to keep in mind: some induction cooktops require a dedicated 240v electrical circuit to operate safely and effectively. This means that you may need to have an electrician install a new circuit, or upgrade an existing one, to ensure that it can handle the power needs of an induction cooktop.
If it turns out your electrical system cannot accommodate a new 240v circuit, there are many 120v portable models available, and even some newer 120v 4-burner rangers that incorporate safer, long-lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries. These batteries charge when power costs are low, and can even be used as back-up energy sources if your power ever fails.
With careful planning and research, you’ll be able to find the perfect induction cooktop for your needs right here on YellowTin.